Director, IT Business Partner - Technical Operations
The Director, IT Business Partner – Technical Operations, reporting to the Sr. Vice President of Information Technology, will take a leadership role in selecting, designing, managing and implementing technology solutions and developing operational support models across multiple functional areas in a rapidly growing organization. This role will directly impact Beam’s ability to develop our therapies by helping to support and bring on line our gene therapy manufacturing facility that is currently being constructed in North Carolina.
This role will partner with business leaders on the Technical Operations team to understand business needs and requirements, articulate technology strategy and roadmaps, and deliver effective solutions. It is critical that this role identifies new technologies relevant to the functional areas and brings forward how best to utilize that technology to support business needs.
Depending on the project and needs of the function, the candidate may act as the solution architect, project manager and technical lead on solutions. This role will play a key role in determining when partnership is needed, selecting those partner(s) and managing partners. Experience with requirements gathering, technology selection and hands-on solution delivery are critical.
The role will become the primary point of contact for our business partners for all technology needs for the relevant functional area and act as a liaison between the business, our internal technology team and our service desk, driving the communication and prioritization of new initiatives, issues and enhancements.
- Act as an the Information Technology representative for our North Carolina site.
- Steward and manage the overall portfolio of Technical Operations related initiatives.
- Partner with the Beam Information Technology team to design and build solutions that are in alignment with Beam’s IT guiding principles.
- Provide key inputs into the overall Beam technology roadmap.
- Plan and manage software/process projects with business partners, covering initial scoping, vendor review, selection, implementation and support.
- Implement and maintain both SaaS, on-premise and hybrid solutions, adhering to GxP validation and Quality standards.
- Work with business leaders to define application requirements including user, security and data requirements.
- Manage vendor relationships to support implementation and licensing/support budgets, renewals, and support escalations.
- Manage a portion of the Information Technology budget related to Technical Operations.
- Support other members of the Beam Information Technology team as appropriate.
- Must be able to work onsite.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree plus 5-7 years of experience in a similar position.
- First-hand experience implementing solutions to support the technical operations team with the biotech or pharmaceutical industry is required.
- Experience working in a GxP environment and a thorough understanding of system validation.
- Strong understanding of manufacturing systems and processes.
- Understanding of the capabilities needed based on the stage of the organization as Beam evolves from a small biotech to a commercial organization.
- Ability to adapt to a quickly changing, dynamic environment.
- Ability to effectively support a diverse set applications and technologies.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to provide thought leadership and influence senior leaders within the organization.
- Strong understanding of infrastructure/network components to support critical system structure.
- Experience with the following capabilities:
- Inventory Management
- Warehouse Management
- Manufacturing Execution Systems
- Operational Historians
- Capacity Planning
- Preferred experience with SAP solutions.
- The location of this position is in Durham, NC.
Something looks off?