Senior Scientist, Cell Biology
Cambridge, MA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, April 25, 2023
We are currently seeking a self-motivated and technically competent research Scientist to join our team. They will support our exploratory research in disease target validation using gene editing tools in our cell biology group. The candidate will be responsible for maintaining a cell bank to support off-target analysis of our gene editing portfolio. They will also perform downstream in-vitro assays to study cell expression.
- Aquire, screen, characterize, and maintain mammalian cell lines and primary cell types.
- Design, plan, and execute gene editing experiments across multiple cell types.
- Contribute cell biology expertise to nonclinical subteams.
- Manage a team of research associates.
- Analyze data using software including GraphPad Prism.
- Coordinate cell biology research in a matrixed environment.
- Preparing and editing nonclinical protocols and reports for regulatory submissions.
- PhD with 4+ years' experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry or BS/MS with 12+ years of relevant experience.
- Strong mammalian cell culture experience including quality control assessments.
- Experience cloning and/or selecting cell lines required.
- Experience gene editing of multiple cell lines using various methodologies preferred.
- 2+ years experience with design and documentation of IND-enabling experiments in support of regulatory submissions is required.
- 1+ years of management experience.
- Experience with some or all of the following: ELISA, karyotyping, PCR, qPCR, RT-qPCR, Sanger sequencing, next generation sequencing (NGS), and Western blotting.
- Able to develop new research protocols where appropriate protocols are not described in the literature or where modification or adaptation of standard procedures and protocols is required.
- Successful candidate will have outstanding organization and multitasking capability.
- Participation in multidisciplinary teams across functional areas.
- Desire and drive to learn and understand the basic biologic mechanisms underpinning our cell and gene therapy products.
- Experience maintaining a laboratory notebook and following protocols.
- Familiarity with programs such as GraphPad Prism for data entry, analysis, and presentation.
- Team player with excellent oral and written communication skills and "do-what-it-takes" attitude.
- Independently motivated, detail-oriented, and excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent organizational skills towards multi-tasking in an extremely fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
See more open positions at Beam Therapeutics
Something looks off?