Scientist II, Pharmaceutical Sciences
Cambridge, MA, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
- Dedicated to using innovative, biochemical science to conceive and develop precision, genetic medicines and novel solutions for fighting and treating serious diseases, other damaging medical conditions, and providing life-long cures (via professional-level scientist role in biochemistry, one of highly-scientific quality or character).
- Contribute to use of groundbreaking, CRISPR base-editing technology that allows permanent, specific edits to single bases in DNA and RNA.
- Develop base-editor therapeutics that represent a new class of “precision genetic medicines”, combining precision targeting of the genome with precision control of editing outcomes.
- Contribute to new medicinal and scientific breakthrough, performing pharmaceutical design and development, all to ultimately give rise to therapeutically-beneficial, novel and innovative, drug product.
- Contribute to the development and optimization of a biochemistry protocol for messenger-RNA purification.
- Design and execute biochemistry strategies, contributing to the production of novel, therapy products in biochemistry and pharmaceutical science.
- Engage in scientific knowledge transfer, regarding therapy product portfolio, this from the standpoint of biochemist and researcher.
- Work with cross-functional team and interface with internal collaborators, specifically to troubleshoot in biochemistry.
- Generate and optimize protocols around new scientific methods, specific to biochemistry and pharmaceutical science again.
- Contribute to the development and optimization of new scientific processes, specific to those same areas as well.
- Contribute to the writing and development of standard-operating procedures, used at Beam, as a way to optimize scientific protocols as a team.
- Contribute biochemistry knowledge to the writing and development of detailed, highly-analytical, and professional, scientific reports (this to inform internal team discussions), while also communicating scientifically-rigorous findings verbally, by way of visualizations, and through presentations.
- Perform biochemical testing, focused on pharmaceutical candidates equipped to treat.
- Compile, analyze, interpret, and communicate complex, experimental results and other complex, biochemical data, drawing conclusions from these, this to identify and prioritize research targets.
- Contribute research support to senior-level team members.
- Capture and document research findings and results in a technically-accurate, scientifically-integral and understandable manner.
- Stay current on relevant and occupationally-appropriate, scientific literature, notably regarding biochemistry.
- Doctor of Philosophy or foreign equivalent in biochemistry, chemistry, pharmaceutical sciences, biotechnology, or related field.
- Also requires demonstrated proficiency in all of the following areas, shown through appropriate, graduate-level coursework, research or lab work:
- Performing laboratory-based, biochemistry experiments, to include nanoparticle processing, working with nucleic acids, and using CRISPR cas9 methods.
- Applying biophysical-characterization techniques that specifically include dynamic-light scattering, nitrilotriacetic-acid purification, high-performance liquid chromatography, capillary electrophoresis, and cryo-electron microscopy.
- Permanent, full-time, immediately available, job opportunity.
- Does not require travel (as role is substantially laboratory-based, in-house).
- Primary worksite long-term: 238 Main Street, Cambridge, MA 02142.
- Must therefore live in the City of Cambridge, MA, or within a reasonable, daily commuting distance thereof (e.g., areas contemplated can include the City of Boston, the larger Greater Boston region, or Massachusetts’ MetroWest, North or South Shore communities).
- Telecommuting (exclusively working remotely from home) is not permitted (also due to the laboratory-based nature of the work and role).
- Position is not a supervisory capacity; it does not have subordinate, direct reports; nor does it manage other personnel.
- Position is hands-on, individual contributor, responsible chiefly for biochemistry.
Applicants should send resumes directly to the employer. May simply apply below. We look forward to hearing from you. Come join the Beam Team!
See more open positions at Beam Therapeutics
Something looks off?