Clinical Bioanalytics & Translational Sciences Co-op
Cambridge, MA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2023
Beam is seeking an enthusiastic, driven co-op student to support our Liver Therapeutics team. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated individual who enjoys hands-on scientific execution and seeks valuable career experience in a fast-paced biotechnology space. The candidate will be trained to design, optimize, and execute in vitro experiments under the supervision of experienced colleagues, including but not limited to next-generation base-editing related technologies. The candidate will be given opportunities to analyze, interpret, deliver, and share data.
- Hands-on laboratory experience with cell culture, cell-based assays.
- Knowledge of cell and molecular biology techniques (DNA/RNA extraction, PCR, qPCR, ELISA).
- Next-Generation Sequencing library preparation.
- Accurately record all observations and data in an electronic lab notebook.
- Current student working towards a Bachelor's or Masters in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology or a similar field with 1-2 years of lab experience.
- Experience in CRISPR gene-editing, next-generation sequencing and mammalian cell culture is highly preferred.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional and collaborative environment.
- Previous internship or co-op experience is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office. GraphPad Prism knowledge is desirable but not required.
See more open positions at Beam Therapeutics
Something looks off?