Associate Director, Infrastructure & Information Security
The Associate Director of Infrastructure and Information Security, reporting to the Vice President, Information Security, will play an integral role in growing the Beam business through the design, implementation, and support of high performing and secure solutions. This role will assist IT leadership in shaping and maturing Beam's Information Security program as well as being the primary subject matter expert for Infrastructure and Platform as a Service solutions (IAAS/PAAS) such as AWS and Azure. This position offers a rare opportunity to build from the ground up. As part of a highly experienced, collaborative, and transparent IT organization, this role will have an immediate impact on the ability of Beam to achieve its goals of providing life-long cures to patients suffering from serious diseases.
- Manage the Beam Information Security Awareness Program
- Be the thought leader and SME for virtual networking architecture (AWS, Azure)
- Define, implement, manage, and monitor AWS cloud-based systems for availability, performance and security.
- Develop and maintain cloud network configuration and network diagrams.
- Develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions for network and architecture.
- Perform cyber-security related analysis such as phishing email reviews, AV/EDR analysis, and access reviews.
- Support physical infrastructure in Beam office locations (firewalls, switches, routers, WAPs).
- Support existing physical server footprint.
- Support virtual data center architecture with key integration partners.
- Support computer systems validation activities related to the network and architecture.
- Degree or certifications in Information Technology and/or Cyber-Security preferred.
- 7+ years of experience working in network engineering, security engineering, or similar environments.
- Demonstrated experience with AWS and Azure architecture and engineering.
- Exposure to cGMP, GXP, GAMP, SOX, SDLC regulations, including 21CFR part 11, computer systems validation requirements and good documentation practices desirable.
- Experience troubleshooting networking protocols, switches, routers, and firewalls.
- Working experience with information security disciplines such as vulnerability management, incident response, forensics, conditional access, and security event management.
- Must be a natural collaborator, communicate effectively, and be flexible to changing business conditions.
- Experience in life sciences or biopharmaceuticals a plus.