VP, Business Development
Beam is seeking an experienced business development professional to identify, evaluate and pursue new strategic opportunities. This highly motivated, energetic, professional, reporting to the SVP of Business Development, will director transaction activities and build effective relationships with cross-functional stakeholders internally and potential partner companies.
- Executing on Beam's partnership strategy and establishing the business case for various in-licensing and out-licensing opportunities.
- Running partnership discussion processes including due diligence, drafting and negotiating term sheets, working closely with legal team on negotiating collaboration agreements, and collecting feedback from various internal stakeholders.
- Collaborating with internal teams to enable optimal partnership structures, including with research, finance, IP, legal, and project management to drive partnerships forward and ensure long term success.
- Developing meaningful key relationships with senior management at potential partner companies.
- Coaching and mentoring other members of the Beam Team on aspects of the out-licensing and in-licensing deal process.
- 10+ year experiences in business development.
- Ideal candidate would have an advanced degree (PhD, MD, or MBA), coupled with a significant aptitude—and love for—complex scientific discussions.
- Substantial experience dealing with corporate partners, including negotiating and completing agreements; the ideal candidate has a significant deal sheet consisting of completed sell-side licensing and/or successful completion of buyside transactions.
- A thorough understanding of the processes of due diligence, asset valuation, alliance integration and portfolio management, combined with a deep scientific and business acumen.
- Strong analytical, communication, project management and project leadership skills, as well as the ability to execute plans / projects on demanding timetables.
- The ability to influence others in a tactful and well-thought-out manner with supporting information and logic.
- Entrepreneurial attitude--a result oriented, "hands-on make it happen" attitude.
- Superior oral presentation and written communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a wide variety of internal and external constituencies.
- Ability to generate and/or champion new and creative high-value ideas.
- Ability to imbue a sense of urgency around decision-making.
- Strong analytical and financial modeling capabilities.
- Proactive and strategic regarding issues and solutions.
- Ability to anticipate and mitigate risk.
- Personally accountable, impeccable integrity.