Beam is looking for a talented and motivated law student to join the Beam legal department from January through June 2024. This individual will support a wide range of legal functions, including public company reporting and compliance, corporate governance, licensing transactions, commercial contracting and intellectual property maintenance and filings. The individual will make in-depth, substantive contributions to a fast-paced, collaborative and sophisticated legal team, and should be enthusiastic about learning the practice of corporate law in biotechnology companies.
- Support annual and periodic Securities and Exchange Commission filings.
- Draft board meeting materials and resolutions.
- Assist with the annual stockholder meeting, including preparation of proxy statement and meeting materials.
- Review and interpret license agreements in support of internal clients.
- Draft confidentiality, consulting and other service agreements.
- Support intellectual property attorneys on an ad hoc basis, including with research, due diligence and document review.
- Pursuing a J.D. at an accredited law school, with at least one full year of coursework completed.
- Motivated to learn and detail oriented with excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Demonstrated interest in practicing corporate law, evidenced by coursework, law school activities and/or prior work experience.
- Periodic onsite attendance required.