Co-op, Lead Discovery
Beam is looking for a highly motivated co-op student to join the Lead Discovery team from January through June 2024. The co-op will have the opportunity to conduct automated high-throughput screening assays to identify and optimize lead genome editing candidates for therapeutic drug discovery programs at Beam. The individual should possess a solid understanding of basic cell/molecular biology and fundamental laboratory techniques. Excellent organizational and communication skills are highly desired. The ideal candidate exudes enthusiasm for learning and thrives in a collaborative team environment.
- Support the use of high throughput assays on automated platforms.
- Participate in lead genome editing candidate assessment, validation, and optimization.
- Maintain comprehensive experimental and data tracking using an electronic lab notebook system, Benchling.
- Mammalian cell culture maintenance, passage, and seeding.
- Thoughtful and precise data analysis and collaborative sharing within the team and across functional areas.
- Pursuing a BS, MS, or Ph.D. in cell/molecular biology, biochemistry, or related field of study.
- Knowledge and understanding of basic cell culture and molecular skills, such as, cloning, PCR, qPCR, and transfection.
- Basic understand of genome editing is highly desirable.
- Proficient in maintaining organized data and a detailed laboratory notebook and records.
- Eager to learn, engage in collaborative effort, and communicate findings in a clear and concise manner.