Field Reimbursement Manager, East
Ceribell produces the world’s first brain monitor for point-of-care seizure triage and treatment. Our groundbreaking technology enables healthcare providers to test for a suspected seizure and then deliver treatments within minutes.
We are a rapidly growing venture capital-backed medical technology startup. Ceribell is being used in hundreds of community hospitals, large academic facilities and major IDN’s across the country. With extensive clinical validation of the effectiveness of our product and significant growth potential, all while we are pre-IPO, Ceribell is a fantastic career opportunity.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Reimbursement Manager to join our dynamic team. As part of our expansion plans, we are looking for support on hospital inpatient NTAP ( New Technology Add-on Payment) implementation. This is a unique opportunity to contribute to the success of a cutting-edge device and make a difference in patient care.
This position is remote in the East region with estimated travel of 25% - 50%
What You'll Do
- NTAP Implementation Support: As a Reimbursement Manager at Ceribell, your primary responsibility will be to provide expertise in billing and coding practices specific to hospitals. You will demonstrate a thorough understanding of the charge master and UB-04 claim forms, ensuring accurate and timely reimbursement for our customers.
- Reimbursement Support: You will work closely with the sales team to support reimbursement efforts and facilitate the successful adoption of our products in various inpatient healthcare settings. This includes providing guidance on coding, coverage, and payment policies to ensure maximum reimbursement for Ceribell's products.
- HEOR (Health Economics and Outcomes Research) Activities: Reimbursement Managers at Ceribell will also collaborate with the sales team to engage in Health Economics and Outcomes Research activities at accounts. You will be responsible for gathering and analyzing data related to the cost-effectiveness and value proposition of our products, supporting the sales team in their interactions with key stakeholders.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Establishing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders such as hospital administrators, reimbursement decision-makers, and insurance companies will be an essential part of this role. You will provide educational resources, communicate reimbursement-related updates, and address any concerns or inquiries to ensure a smooth reimbursement process.
- Reimbursement Compliance: Ensure adherence to reimbursement regulations, guidelines, and compliance requirements. Stay updated on changing regulatory landscapes and proactively implement necessary measures to maintain compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and industry standards related to reimbursement practices.
- Coding, Coverage, and Reimbursement: Work closely with internal teams, including billing and coding specialists, to analyze and address claims denials. Identify root causes of denials, implement corrective actions, and provide guidance on improving documentation, coding accuracy, and claim submission processes to minimize denials and optimize reimbursement.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Foster strong collaboration and communication with cross-functional teams, including sales, marketing, clinical, and regulatory affairs. Act as a subject matter expert on reimbursement matters and provide input and guidance during product development, launch planning, and market access strategies to ensure alignment with reimbursement goals and requirements.
- Data Analysis and Reporting: Utilize reimbursement data, claims data, and other relevant sources to perform data analysis and generate reports on reimbursement trends, payment patterns, and financial outcomes. Present findings and recommendations to internal stakeholders, assisting them in making data-driven decisions to optimize reimbursement strategies.
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree in healthcare administration, business, or related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in healthcare reimbursement, preferably with inpatient medical devices or pharmaceuticals.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in customer-facing roles such as sales representative or hospital/institutional account manager
- In-depth knowledge of billing and coding practices in hospital settings, including a strong understanding of the charge master and UB-04 claim forms.
- Familiarity with reimbursement mechanisms, such as NTAP, and experience navigating the complexities of reimbursement processes.
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to interpret and communicate complex healthcare data to diverse audiences.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, enabling effective collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Travel: estimated at 25%-50%
What We Offer
- $105K - $120K + Bonus Opportunity + Ceribell Equity
- 100% Employer paid Health Benefits for the Employee
- Life & Long-term disability insurance paid 100% by Ceribell
- Flexible paid time off
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Fantastic culture with tremendous career advancement opportunities