Director, Medical & Scientific Affairs
Ceribell produces the world’s first brain monitor for point-of-care seizure triage and treatment. Our groundbreaking technology enables healthcare providers to test for a suspected seizure and then deliver treatments within minutes.
We are a rapidly growing venture capital-backed medical technology startup. Ceribell is being used in hundreds of community hospitals, large academic facilities and major IDN’s across the country. With extensive clinical validation of the effectiveness of our product and significant growth potential, all while we are pre-IPO, Ceribell is a fantastic career opportunity.
The Director, Medical and Scientific Affairs is a key member of the Clinical Affairs team, responsible for the management of medical strategy in alignment with Ceribell’s strategic objectives. The Director, Medical and Scientific Affairs leads evidence generation and dissemination efforts including coordinating investigator-initiated studies, developing and maintaining strong relationships with key opinion leaders, and leading publication strategies in cooperation with the CMO, Clinical Affairs and Marketing teams.
This position is for our Sunnyvale, CA office only- please no remote applicants.
What You'll Do
- Be a strategic partner and advisor to the VP, Clinical Affairs and CMO on clinical strategy and medical communication
- Responsible for the coordination and management of the investigator-initiated study program at Ceribell
- Responsible for the development and management of relationships related to clinical trials and retrospective studies: KOLs, participating physicians, clinical trial consultants and service providers, potential and participating study sites, and publishing channels
- Serve as an external face of the clinical program to KOLs, clinical advisory boards, investigators, vendors/CROs and clinical sites
- Lead scientific/medical communication strategy: work with investigators and internal functions to identify presentation and publication targets and support the preparation of such presentations and publications
- Provide medical and scientific expertise in assessing and interpreting publications and data
- Translate scientific knowledge to support medical and commercial activities at Ceribell
- Maintain up-to-date familiarity with relevant medical and scientific literature
What You'll Need
- Master’s Degree or higher; MD or PhD preferred
- 7-10 years’ experience in clinical or medical affairs for industry (medical device preferred) including developing clinical and medical communication strategies.
- Demonstrated experience managing investigator-initiated study projects with external researchers or otherwise working closely with external stakeholders to achieve clinical research goals.
- Experience managing retrospective or observational clinical studies.
- Experience leading medical communications strategies.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills to successfully manage projects and resources.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
Solid knowledge of healthcare/medical device industry including understanding of FDA medical device regulations for clinical trials, demonstrated skill in data analysis and interpretation, solid publication record, and ability to thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial and dynamic environment.
What We Offer
- $185K - $200K + Bonus Opportunity + Ceribell Equity
- 100% Employer paid Health Benefits for the Employee
- Life & Long-term disability insurance paid 100% by Ceribell
- Flexible paid time off
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Fantastic culture with tremendous career advancement opportunities