Director of Product, Neurovascular
Ceribell produces the world’s first brain monitor for point-of-care seizure triage and treatment. Our groundbreaking technology enables healthcare providers to test for a suspected seizure and then deliver treatments within minutes.
We are a rapidly growing venture capital-backed medical technology startup. Ceribell is being used in hundreds of community hospitals, large academic facilities and major IDN’s across the country. With extensive clinical validation of the effectiveness of our product and significant growth potential, all while we are pre-IPO, Ceribell is a fantastic career opportunity.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Director of Product, Neurovascular, to spearhead the expansion of Ceribell's portfolio into new indications and patient populations within the realm of neurovascular conditions. In this role, you will be responsible for leading the development of software, UI, and hardware products, encompassing various aspects such as needs definition, business cases, product positioning, clinical strategies, go-to-market strategies, product maps, educational requirements, pricing and profit margins, as well as competitive and market intelligence.
To thrive in this position, you must possess the ability to foster successful partnerships with our R&D and commercial teams. Additionally, developing relationships with key opinion leaders in North America and being adaptable in modifying strategies and tactics based on customer feedback, research, and emerging trends will be critical to your success.
Reporting to the VP of Product & Reimbursement, you will play a pivotal role in driving our product portfolio forward. Your contributions will directly impact the growth and success of our organization.
This position is hybrid in our Sunnyvale, CA. Please no remote applications.
What You'll Do
- Use your creativity, flexibility and adaptability to perform a broad range of product functions
- Act as the voice of the customer on product development teams, leading the timely advancement of clinically meaningful products to market, while ensuring they align with target objectives.
- Responsible for the requirements specification for all software, UI, and hardware programs
- Work closely and effectively with sales team, key opinion leaders, and physician customers to identify new product opportunities improvements & modifications to the existing product lines
- Serve as an internal expert to contribute to the development of clinical study designs and publications for products under development
- Oversee acquisition of market research to uncover competitive intelligence, unmet clinical needs, refine product development plans, gain insight into market dynamics, and development of market forecasts. Organize and communicate research as appropriate
- Work in partnership with the marketing team to develop initial launch plans as products approach commercialization, including recommendations on market launch strategies, product pricing, and positioning.
- Recruit and lead a high-performing team to support the product development efforts.
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in marketing, business, biological/clinical science or engineering. MBA is preferred.
- Proven track record of successfully leading product development initiatives within the neurovascular space.
- 5+ years working in MedTech, Biotech, or Pharmaceuticals
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and establish relationships with key opinion leaders.
- Able to dissect challenges and analyze complex data to derive insights and develop recommendations
- Ability to adapt strategies based on customer feedback, research findings, and emerging market trends.
- Must have a good understanding of the healthcare environment to effectively respond to market concerns and provide technical support for products
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and be flexible enough to change priorities with short notice when necessary
- Must have excellent verbal, written, analytical and presentation skills
- Self-motivated and go-getter
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Previous experience in managing and motivating a team
In addition to your base compensation, Ceribell offers the following:
- Annual Bonus Opportunity + Ceribell Equity
- 100% Employer paid Health Benefits for the Employee
- 50% - 70% Employer paid Health, Dental & Vision for dependents (according to plan selection)
- Life & Long-term disability insurance paid 100% by Ceribell
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Flexible paid time off
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Excellent parental leave policy
- Fantastic culture with tremendous career advancement opportunities
- Joining a mission-minded organization!