Ceribell produces the world’s first brain monitor for point-of-care seizure triage and treatment. Our groundbreaking technology enables healthcare providers to test for a suspected seizure and then deliver treatments within minutes.
We are a rapidly growing venture capital-backed medical technology startup. Ceribell is being used in hundreds of community hospitals, large academic facilities and major IDN’s across the country. With extensive clinical validation of the effectiveness of our product and significant growth potential, all while we are pre-IPO, Ceribell is a fantastic career opportunity.
We are seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented Staff Accountant to join our dynamic team. As a Staff Accountant, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the accuracy and integrity of our financial records, contributing to the success of our company. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and possess a strong understanding of financial accounting principles, we welcome you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
This is a hybrid role located in our Sunnyvale, CA office. Please no remote applicants.
What You'll Do
- Take ownership of month-end and quarter-end accounting close for areas of functional responsibility; including preparing monthly journal entries and account reconciliations
- Conduct monthly analysis of account balances and expenses, comparing them to historical data and budgets to provide valuable insights
- Collaborate with the accounting team to support both internal and external audits, showcasing your expertise in financial matters
- Demonstrate thought leadership by preparing technical accounting memos and process flow charts to enhance our accounting practices
- Develop and execute procedures to ensure compliance with SOX regulations, reinforcing our commitment to sound financial controls
- Provide valuable support to management in analyzing and addressing internal control remediations needs
- Prepare accounting schedules and analysis routinely, and as requested, for internal and external reporting and audit requirements
- Build positive working relationships with team members, celebrating successes and fostering a collaborative work environment
- Work closely with cross functional teams to identity and implement accounting process improvements, driving operational efficiencies
- Complete ad hoc projects and support accounting operations as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
What You'll Need
- A solid 3-5 years of experience working in a public company or as an auditor, with Big 4 experience considered a plus
- Prior experience with an IPO or public company clients, demonstrating your familiarity with complex financial environments
- Ideally, you posses a CPA designation or are actively working towards obtaining it
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting, preferred
- Strong understanding of financial accounting principles (US GAAP) including ASC 606 revenue recognition standards
- Ability to work independently with strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to consistently apply policies and standards, ensuring compliance across all activities
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and effectively manage competing priorities in a fast-paced and intellectually demanding environment
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced and intellectually demanding environment
- Skilled user of Microsoft Office products, including advanced use of Excel
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with all levels of employees and external parties
- Knowledge of NetSuite and similar ERP systems is a plus
In addition to your base compensation, Ceribell offers the following:
- Annual Bonus Opportunity + Ceribell Equity
- 100% Employer paid Health Benefits for the Employee
- 50% - 70% Employer paid Health, Dental & Vision for dependents (according to plan selection)
- Life & Long-term disability insurance paid 100% by Ceribell
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Flexible paid time off
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Excellent parental leave policy
- Fantastic culture with tremendous career advancement opportunities
- Joining a mission-minded organization!