Accounts Receivable Specialist
Ceribell produces the world’s first brain monitor for point-of-care seizure triage and treatment. Our groundbreaking technology enables healthcare providers to test for a suspected seizure and then deliver treatments within minutes.
We are a rapidly growing venture capital-backed medical technology startup. Ceribell is being used in hundreds of community hospitals, large academic facilities and major IDN’s across the country. With extensive clinical validation of the effectiveness of our product and significant growth potential, all while we are pre-IPO, Ceribell is a fantastic career opportunity.
Ceribell is currently seeking an Accounts Receivable Specialist. We are looking for a highly motivated analytically minded individual who thrives in a fast-paced work environment. The Accounts Receivable Specialist will be reporting to the Senior Management of Accounting. This position is an essential part of our finance department, responsible for reviewing account information, correcting discrepancies, and ensuring that accounts are properly billed and that payments are collected in a timely and efficient manner. In addition, you will be a key point of contact to work and foster positive relationships with our customers.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to address customer inquiries, resolve disputes, and provide exceptional service. Act as a primary point of contact for customers regarding their account status and payment-related queries. Leverage NetSuite's customer relationship management features to maintain comprehensive customer records
- Utilize your expertise in NetSuite to manage and maintain accurate customer accounts, including contact details, payment terms, and credit limits. Leverage the system's functionalities to streamline payment processing, and reporting tasks
- Knowledge of all aspects of day-to-day operations to support Quote to Cash workflow with hands-on experience in using SFDC and NetSuite
- Initiate collection efforts for past due accounts through friendly and professional communications. Utilize NetSuite to track and manage collection activities, streamlining the process for maximum efficiency. Maintain a positive rapport with clients while firmly enforcing payment terms and policies. Escalate unresolved issues to the appropriate internal stakeholders
- Record and allocate incoming payments accurately in NetSuite. Leverage the system's capabilities to streamline payment reconciliation processes. Monitor payment trends, identify potential issues, and proactively resolve payment discrepancies to ensure timely revenue recognition
- Utilize NetSuite's reporting functionalities to prepare regular reports on accounts receivable aging, collection progress. Analyze trends, identify potential risks, and recommend strategies for improving collection efficiency. Generate customized reports as needed to meet the organization's reporting requirements.
- Serve as a subject matter expert and point of contact for questions regarding deal bookings and account receivables
- Establish strong relationship with customer payables department and initiate outreach to collect past due invoices
- Collaborate with the accounting team during month end close and financial reporting review processes
- Identify any booking and billing issues to ensure appropriate revenue recognition following GAAP rules
- Proactively communicate issues back to management
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance preferred
- Minimum 3+ years' experience as an Accounts Receivable Specialist or in a similar role.
- Knowledge of US GAAP and internal controls processes
- Strong proficiency in NetSuite, with a solid understanding of its accounts receivable functionalities.
- Excellent attention to detail, organization, and time management skills.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with a friendly and approachable demeanor.
- Demonstrated ability to improve processes and workflows within the accounts receivable function.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Solid problem-solving abilities with a proactive and customer-focused mindset.
- Experience reconciling accounts and resolving payment discrepancies is highly desirable.
In addition to your base compensation, Ceribell offers the following:
- Annual Bonus Opportunity + Ceribell Equity
- 100% Employer paid Health Benefits for the Employee
- 50% - 70% Employer paid Health, Dental & Vision for dependents (according to plan selection)
- Life & Long-term disability insurance paid 100% by Ceribell
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Flexible paid time off
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Excellent parental leave policy
- Fantastic culture with tremendous career advancement opportunities
- Joining a mission-minded organization!