Sr. HR Business Partner
Ceribell produces the world’s first brain monitor for point-of-care seizure triage and treatment. Our groundbreaking technology enables healthcare providers to test for a suspected seizure and then deliver treatments within minutes.
We are a rapidly growing venture capital-backed medical technology startup. Ceribell is being used in hundreds of community hospitals, large academic facilities and major IDN’s across the country. With extensive clinical validation of the effectiveness of our product and significant growth potential, all while we are pre-IPO, Ceribell is a fantastic career opportunity.
As a Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) at our innovative medical device startup, you will play a vital role in shaping the company's human resources strategies and initiatives. You will collaborate closely with leadership and employees to foster a positive work environment, drive employee engagement, and support the organization's growth. This role requires a combination of strategic thinking, hands-on HR expertise, and a deep understanding of the unique needs within the medical device industry. Work location will be hybrid in our Sunnyvale, CA office 3 days a week.
What You'll Do
Strategic HR Leadership:
- Collaborate with executive leadership to align HR strategies with the overall business objectives and growth plans of the medical device startup.
- Provide insights and recommendations on workforce planning, talent acquisition, and talent development strategies.
- Implement initiatives to enhance employee satisfaction, engagement, and retention, considering Ceribell’s mission, values, and culture.
- Act as a cultural ambassador, promoting a positive and inclusive work environment that values diversity and teamwork
- Communicate and champion HR initiatives
- Advise and coach managers on performance management, including goal setting, feedback, and performance improvement plans.
- Support the design and implementation of performance evaluation and feedback processes.
- Identify learning needs and collaborate with external partners or internal resources to design and deliver training programs.
- Assist in creating career development pathways for employees, enabling their growth within the organization.
- Collaborate with leadership to develop competitive compensation and benefits packages that align with industry standards and startup goals.
- Conduct salary benchmarking and stay updated on compensation trends within the medical device sector.
- Provide guidance and support on employee relations matters, including conflict resolution, disciplinary actions, and policy interpretation.
- Ensure compliance with relevant employment laws and regulations.
- Gather and analyze HR data to generate insights and recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Prepare regular reports on HR metrics for leadership and other stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in human Resources, Business Administration or related field, preferred
- A minimum of 7+ years of progressive HR experience, with at least 7+ years in a business partner or strategic HR role
- Professional HR Certification such as SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, PHR or SPHR are strongly preferred
- Prior experience within the medical device or healthcare industry is highly desirable
- Strong understanding of HR best practices, employment laws and regulations
- Ability to build trusted relationships with employees at all levels of the organization
- Proficiency in working with HRIS’s including Paylocity
- Strategic Thinking: Ability to align HR strategies with the overall business goals of the startup, ensuring that HR initiatives contribute to the company's growth and success.
- Change Management: Skill in guiding the organization through periods of change, whether it's rapid growth, restructuring, or industry shifts, while minimizing disruption and maintaining employee engagement.
- Employee Relations: Expertise in managing employee relations matters, including conflict resolution, employee grievances, and ensuring a positive work environment that aligns with regulatory requirements.
- Communication and Influencing: Excellent communication skills to effectively convey HR policies, initiatives, and changes to employees and leadership, while also having the ability to influence decisions and drive adoption.
- Organizational Development: Skill in designing and implementing organizational development initiatives that promote a positive workplace culture, foster diversity and inclusion, and enhance employee engagement.
- Conflict Resolution: Proficiency in managing conflicts and interpersonal issues within the workplace, using diplomacy and effective communication to resolve disputes and maintain a harmonious work environment.
In addition to your base compensation, Ceribell offers the following:
- Annual Bonus Opportunity + Ceribell Equity
- 100% Employer paid Health Benefits for the Employee
- 50% - 70% Employer paid Health, Dental & Vision for dependents (according to plan selection)
- Life & Long-term disability insurance paid 100% by Ceribell
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Flexible paid time off
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Excellent parental leave policy
- Fantastic culture with tremendous career advancement opportunities
- Joining a mission-minded organization!