Sr. Visual Designer
Ceribell produces the world’s first brain monitor for point-of-care seizure triage and treatment. Our groundbreaking technology enables healthcare providers to test for a suspected seizure and then deliver treatments within minutes.
We are a rapidly growing venture capital-backed medical technology startup. Ceribell is being used in hundreds of community hospitals, large academic facilities and major IDN’s across the country. With extensive clinical validation of the effectiveness of our product and significant growth potential, all while we are pre-IPO, Ceribell is a fantastic career opportunity.
Ceribell, Inc. is looking for a UI/Visual Designer to become a core member of our UX team. You will be working closely with the product team, that consists of a lead UX designer, product managers, developers, and senior product leadership. This team is a highly collaborative, friendly, inclusive and diverse group using their collective strengths to deliver a capable and intuitive user experience for current and future ground breaking technologies.
We are looking for a visual designer to continue to build a strong visual identity and design language system for our products while carefully considering how both interaction and visual design impact the overall user experience. The ideal candidate will have experience in data visualization, web, mobile app design, and animation. You’ll primarily do that by bringing your expertise in interaction, user interface, and visual design (including illustration and animation) to our collaborative Product and UX environment and by working with other team members to create polished, well-documented visual experiences and supporting vision and launch videos. You’ll be an important voice in growing our design system, including workflow, component creation, and implementation, and instilling a culture of data-informed decisions that drive rapid growth.
What You'll Do
- Creating user-focused innovations and design experiences alongside the user testing and validation of these, considering usability, projected adoption growth, and appropriate visual and verbal articulation in line with the Ceribell design language system
- Executing on scope, driving own efficiency, delivering appropriate design quality within budget and project parameters
- Focusing on the customer, collaborating, partnering, and co-creating with internal and external stakeholders, with clear and impactful communication and articulation of design decision-making.
- Contributing to effective teamwork, receiving guidance, and being a proactive team player, offering a point of view
How You'll Be Measured
- Analysis/research output effectively transferred to solution creation processes or generating IP
- Delivered strategies, innovations, and solutions contributing to business success, desirable user experiences, customer loyalty, brand preference and/or growth and adoption targets
- Execution of quality designs within the scope and on time and budget
- Stakeholder engagement and customer satisfaction
- Positive engagement and career development
What You'll Need
- 7 years of experience in visual/graphic design and animation for web & mobile.
- Experience in video/animation creation, storyboarding, and storytelling through product videos.
- Understanding of clinical data visualization.
- Passion for UI and digital experiences, along with a deep understanding of how it relates to and interweaves with the overall UX process
- Illustration and animation skills as they relate to product UI design - you know when to inject them and how to use them to enhance, not hinder, the user experience.
- Strong Graphic Design skills - typography, layout, color, and composition.
- Technical expertise in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and After Effects.
- Strong communication skills.
- Preferable knowledge of Figma.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Design Language System and asset library development experience
- Medical device ISO standard iconography experience is a plus
- Experience in incorporating research into the user interface and visual design process and driving data-informed decisions
In addition to your base compensation, Ceribell offers the following:
- Annual Bonus Opportunity + Ceribell Equity
- 100% Employer paid Health Benefits for the Employee
- 50% - 70% Employer paid Health, Dental & Vision for dependents (according to plan selection)
- Life & Long-term disability insurance paid 100% by Ceribell
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Flexible paid time off
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Excellent parental leave policy
- Fantastic culture with tremendous career advancement opportunities
- Joining a mission-minded organization!