Associate Director of Product
Ceribell produces the world’s first brain monitor for point-of-care seizure triage and treatment. Our groundbreaking technology enables healthcare providers to test for a suspected seizure and then deliver treatments within minutes.
We are a rapidly growing venture capital-backed medical technology startup. Ceribell is being used in hundreds of community hospitals, large academic facilities and major IDN’s across the country. With extensive clinical validation of the effectiveness of our product and significant growth potential, all while we are pre-IPO, Ceribell is a fantastic career opportunity.
Ceribell is in search of an Associate Director of Product who is passionate about shaping the future of neurology diagnostics and treatment through expertise in medical device hardware and software integration. This role will emphasize the development of next-generation of our products that are set to revolutionize the neurology field.
What You'll Do
- Own the Product: Be the end-to-end owner of the product – manage the business case, identify the Ceribell value proposition, define the customer experience, build out the product requirements, launch plan and see the business through launch and customer adoption.
- Product Vision: Drive the product vision and strategy, focusing on the development of cutting-edge hardware/software solutions. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to shape product roadmaps that align with our vision.
- Next-Generation Products: Lead the charge in developing next-generation hardware/software products that will redefine the standards of neurology diagnostics and treatment.
- Product Lifecycle Mastery: Oversee the entire product lifecycle, ensuring that new products are conceived, launched, and maintained in strict compliance with regulatory standards and quality requirements.
- Market Insights: Conduct comprehensive market analysis to identify trends, opportunities, and evolving customer needs. Translate these insights into actionable product plans for the next-generation products.
- Regulatory Expertise: Ensure that all products comply with medical device regulations and maintain the highest quality standards throughout their lifecycle.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders, including clinicians, engineers, designers, and regulatory experts, to gather valuable input, validate product concepts, and manage feedback successfully.
- Resource Allocation: Manage product development budgets and resource allocation, making informed decisions to meet project timelines and objectives.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in marketing, business, biological/clinical science, or engineering, MBA preferred, with a minimum of ten (10) years of medical device/medical products marketing experience. A substantial focus on hardware-software product development is a plus.
- Proven success in managing the entire lifecycle of innovative hardware-software products, from inception to market introduction.
- Extensive knowledge of medical device regulations and quality standards, with a keen interest in pushing the boundaries of hardware-software integration.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with strong empathy for the customer and passion for storytelling.
- Solid technical background with experience in medical device and software products using agile methodologies.
- Able to convert product/customer feedback into valuable insights that can help drive the development of new products
- Design skills to come up with innovative and creative solutions, working hand in hand with design
- Ability to competently represent the Company at professional functions and customer meetings
- Excellent advocacy and persuasive skills
- Proficient software skills across all standard programs.
- Capability to work independently and drive projects with many moving parts
- A healthy disdain for the status quo, and a willingness to question existing practices to identify better alternatives
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and be flexible enough to change priorities with short notice when necessary
- Sets a standard of ethics and excellence in alignment with the Ceribell Business Principles.
- Acts as an ambassador of professional standards, seeking continuous improvement in ways of working to drive greater efficiency and purpose.
- Ability to succeed in a rapidly changing, agile environment where continuous innovation is requisite to success.
- Ability to travel 25%
Key Internal & External Stakeholders:
- Research and Development / Advanced Development
- Global Marketing
- Clinical Research
- Operations / Supply Chain
- Key Thought Leaders (KTLs)
- Neurologists, Critical Care Physicians
- Hospital C-Suite
In addition to your base compensation, Ceribell offers the following:
- Annual Bonus Opportunity + Ceribell Equity
- 100% Employer paid Health Benefits for the Employee
- 50% - 70% Employer paid Health, Dental & Vision for dependents (according to plan selection)
- Life & Long-term disability insurance paid 100% by Ceribell
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Flexible paid time off
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Excellent parental leave policy
- Fantastic culture with tremendous career advancement opportunities
- Joining a mission-minded organization!