Sr. Product Manager
Ceribell produces the world’s first brain monitor for point-of-care seizure triage and treatment. Our groundbreaking technology enables healthcare providers to test for a suspected seizure and then deliver treatments within minutes.
We are a rapidly growing venture capital-backed medical technology startup. Ceribell is being used in hundreds of community hospitals, large academic facilities and major IDN’s across the country. With extensive clinical validation of the effectiveness of our product and significant growth potential, all while we are pre-IPO, Ceribell is a fantastic career opportunity.
Ceribell, Inc. is looking for a highly motivated Product Manager to lead the product development for key opportunities within Ceribell’s portfolio expansion. This includes the creation and coordination of product development and launch strategies including product needs definition, product positioning, clinical strategies, market entry strategies, product maps, educational requirements, pricing & profit margins, competitive/market intelligence, and forecasting.
Significant to your success is the ability to build successful partnerships with the R&D team and sales force, develop relationships with key opinion leaders in North America, and to modify strategies and tactics when necessary based on voice of customer and emerging trends. The product manager will report to the Sr. Director of Product & Design.
The primary focus for the Product Manager is to start with the customer and work backwards to define the product vision and customer needs for your specific product.
You should be able to form insights and find innovative ways to act on these insights, translate ideas into product designs, and harness the passion and energy of teams across the company to bring these designs into the world for our customers. You must help shape the vision and roadmap, define the principles and frameworks that allow many teams to innovate quickly, and integrate these efforts into a coherent whole product vision.
This ownership includes product roadmaps, product strategy, product specification definition, feature prioritization, global VOC, market research and intelligence, and ensuring all product management design control obligations are aligned with the business and markets. This position must communicate with all areas of the company and will interact regularly with its R&D and downstream marketing counterparts.
This is a hybrid role located at our office in Sunnyvale, CA
What You'll Do
- Be the end-to-end owner of the product – manage the business case, identify the Ceribell value proposition, define the customer experience, build out the product requirements, launch plan and see the business through launch and customer adoption
- Drive project schedules from design to release and managing the production launch.
- Lead and coordinate design/implementation efforts between internal teams and outside merchants and vendors to develop optimal solutions.
- Collect, implement, and maintain global voice of customer (VOC) feedback to guide product development activities
- Manage a strong cross functional team to see their business initiatives from conception through launch.
- make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams.
- Draft strategy and product updates for Ceribell’s senior leadership team.
- Lead small teams on solutions to deliver stronger portfolio performance.
- Own all product management deliverables identified in the design control process.
- Nurture working relationships with global key thought leaders (KTLs) to provide insight on market needs, product and portfolio direction, research.
- Collect and analyze information on competitive product offerings, including features, benefits, pricing, regulatory, clinical and marketing status and own competitive marketing as needed.
What You'll Need
Technical Knowledge & Skill
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in marketing, business, biological/clinical science, or engineering, MBA preferred, with a minimum of six (6) years of medical device/medical products marketing experience. Medical device sales experience is a plus.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with strong empathy for the customer and passion for storytelling.
- Solid technical background with experience in medical device and software products using agile methodologies.
- Able to convert product/customer feedback into valuable insights that can help drive the development of new products
- Design skills to come up with innovative and creative solutions, working hand in hand with design
- Ability to competently represent the Company at professional functions and customer meetings
- Excellent advocacy and persuasive skills
- Proficient software skills across all standard programs.
- Capability to work independently and drive projects with many moving parts
- A healthy disdain for the status quo, and a willingness to question existing practices to identify better alternatives
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and be flexible enough to change priorities with short notice when necessary
- Sets a standard of ethics and excellence in alignment with the Ceribell Business Principles.
- Acts as an ambassador of professional standards, seeking continuous improvement in ways of working to drive greater efficiency and purpose.
- Ability to succeed in a rapidly changing, agile environment where continuous innovation is requisite to success.
- Ability to travel 25%
- Research and Development / Advanced Development
- Global Marketing
- Clinical Research
- Operations / Supply Chain
- Key Thought Leaders (KTLs)
- Neurologists, Critical Care Physicians
- Hospital C-Suite
In addition to your base compensation, Ceribell offers the following:
- Annual Bonus Opportunity + Ceribell Equity
- 100% Employer paid Health Benefits for the Employee
- 50% - 70% Employer paid Health, Dental & Vision for dependents (according to plan selection)
- Life & Long-term disability insurance paid 100% by Ceribell
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Flexible paid time off
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Excellent parental leave policy
- Fantastic culture with tremendous career advancement opportunities
- Joining a mission-minded organization!