Sr. Director, People Partnerships
Ceribell produces the world’s first brain monitor for point-of-care seizure triage and treatment. Our groundbreaking technology enables healthcare providers to test for a suspected seizure and then deliver treatments within minutes.
We are a rapidly growing venture capital-backed medical technology startup. Ceribell is being used in hundreds of community hospitals, large academic facilities and major IDN’s across the country. With extensive clinical validation of the effectiveness of our product and significant growth potential, all while we are pre-IPO, Ceribell is a fantastic career opportunity.
Reporting to the Vice President, People and Culture and a key member of the Ceribell team, this is an exciting opportunity for someone to lead and drive People best practices and strategic initiatives for a high growth, mission driven company. This role is perfect for a leader who thrives in a fast-paced environment and who wants to create successes and impact the organization while being a culture bearer of the Ceribell cultural tenets. This role will create, implement, and oversee programs such talent planning, employee relations, DE&I, mentorship and coaching, and talent management. This is a critical leadership role in building and shaping our people processes and systems, drive continuous improvement and with a people first mindset that will enable a positive employee experience for our teams. The successful candidate will be a strong business partner to the executive team and employees of Ceribell.
This position is hybrid at our office in Sunnyvale. CA
What You'll Do
- Lead and support talent planning for the company to align talent plans to the company’s strategic priorities.
- Partner with leaders to analyze and prioritize the critical business challenges faced by the organization and high growth priorities.
- Lead, develop and implement People programs including, but not limited to performance and talent management initiatives.
- Coach and mentor managers and leaders to be better people managers. Drive training programs by coaching and mentoring the cross functional teams within Ceribell.
- Strategic and trusted partner with the executive, managers and employees.
- Works closely with other People functions to implement best practices to include Training, Benefits, Compensation, and HR Operations
- Oversee data analytics to assess and track workforce metrics on diversity and inclusion, retention, turnover, and talent management.
- Oversee employee development programs and plans with managers and employees for training, career development, and succession planning for the organization’s continuing growth, productivity, and employee retention.
- Demonstrate and apply a deep knowledge of principles of federal and multi-state/country employment laws when responding to employee relations issues.
- Represents Ceribell in various forums and meetings to include presentations and speaking assignments.
- Onsite in Sunnyvale office – three days a week. Will have multiple HRBP direct reports.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree required (HR/Management preferred)
- Certification by a recognized human resource organization (S/PHR, etc.)
- 10+ years of building and leading HR teams responsible for large cross-departmental deliverables with pre IPO as well as public company experience.
- Experience in developing, implementing, and monitoring programs/processes that drive business results.
- Ability to establish relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Understand Ceribell’s business and help/support to accelerate growth.
- Experience in change management.
- Experience managing and engaging remote teams.
- Successful experience in employee relations, talent management to include 9 box and other talent and succession management best practices.
- Experience using data & analytics to help determine best approaches that aligns with business priorities.
- Experience in supporting and leading HRBP function with strong cultural emphasis and knowledge of how to build culture in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- A track record of getting results using collaborative and strategic project management and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of federal and multi-state employment regulations.
- Strong and in-depth experience/knowledge in HR business partnership in high growth environment.
- Effective communicator, both oral and written, with effective emotional intelligence working with diverse cross functional employees
- Ability to be strategic and hands-on in a rapid growth, fast-paced US centric organization where agility is demanded, fresh solutions are embraced, and a growth mindset is pervasive.
- Exceptional ability to synergize the efforts of individuals and teams to accomplish the goals of the company.
- Superior management and leadership skills; intentional culture carrier who models the way and inspires others.
- Strong leadership and influencing skills; challenge the status quo.
- A good listener who focuses on the root causes of issues, listens to understand, and makes connections between qualitative and quantitative information.
- Energetic, self-driven, curious, emotionally intelligent, and relentlessly focused on building inclusive high-performing teams that are continually improving.
In addition to your base compensation, Ceribell offers the following:
- Annual Bonus Opportunity + Ceribell Equity
- 100% Employer paid Health Benefits for the Employee
- 50% - 70% Employer paid Health, Dental & Vision for dependents (according to plan selection)
- Life & Long-term disability insurance paid 100% by Ceribell
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Flexible paid time off
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Excellent parental leave policy
- Fantastic culture with tremendous career advancement opportunities
- Joining a mission-minded organization!