Director of Strategic Clinical Research
Ceribell produces the world’s first brain monitor for point-of-care seizure triage and treatment. Our groundbreaking technology enables healthcare providers to test for a suspected seizure and then deliver treatments within minutes.
We are a rapidly growing venture capital-backed medical technology startup. Ceribell is being used in hundreds of community hospitals, large academic facilities and major IDN’s across the country. With extensive clinical validation of the effectiveness of our product and significant growth potential, all while we are pre-IPO, Ceribell is a fantastic career opportunity.
As the Director of Strategic Clinical Research, you will embody and champion key core values and skills critical to our Clinical Affairs team's success. You will play a pivotal role in our journey to achieve Ceribell's goals, leveraging your deep expertise, character, and skill set to drive our clinical research efforts. Located in our sunny Sunnyvale, CA office, this position offers a hybrid work arrangement, reflecting our commitment to flexibility and collaboration.
What You'll Do
- Leadership: Lead by example and instill a culture of excellence as you develop and execute a strategic clinical research plan in collaboration with the VP of Clinical Affairs and Chief Medical Advisors.
- Innovation: Foster creativity and rigor in your team of researchers, ensuring they collect and analyze clinical and real-world datasets with innovation, aligned with company needs.
- Communication: Demonstrate exceptional communication skills as you assist with the preparation of manuscripts and abstracts, ensuring the clarity and efficacy of our knowledge-sharing efforts.
- Expertise: Utilize your expert medical and scientific knowledge to assess and interpret publications and data with the highest degree of accuracy, serving as a trusted source of insight.
- Collaboration: Foster cross-functional collaboration, working seamlessly with internal teams to translate scientific knowledge into tangible support for Ceribell's medical and commercial activities.
- Continuous Learning: Stay ahead of the curve by staying up-to-date with the latest medical and scientific literature, applying your insights to advance Ceribell's research areas.
What We're Looking For
- Integrity: Uphold the highest ethical standards and a commitment to the truth.
- Leadership: Lead with confidence and inspire excellence in others.
- Innovation: Drive creativity and rigor in research endeavors.
- Communication: Articulate and convey complex concepts with clarity.
- Expertise: Possess deep medical and scientific knowledge, ensuring precision in all assessments.
- Collaboration: Foster effective cross-functional collaboration.
- Continuous Learning: Stay inquisitive and keep pace with the latest developments in your field.
- Education: An MD, PhD, or MD/PhD is a must.
- Showcase 5-7 years of experience in clinical or medical affairs within the medical device industry.
- Highlight your proficiency in guiding scientific and clinical research projects to meet company objectives.
- Emphasize your track record of designing hypothesis-generating studies, including retrospective or observational clinical research.
- Put your substantial expertise in conducting in-depth analysis of scientific data, especially clinical and real-world datasets, at the forefront.
- Draw attention to your extensive history of clinical research publication, including a well-established publication record.
- Exhibit your proficiency in conducting literature searches and critically evaluating and communicating findings.
- Demonstrate your ability to build and maintain mutually respectful relationships with physicians and scientists.
- Show us your project and resource management skills that can effectively drive results.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Your comprehensive knowledge of the healthcare and medical device industry is highly regarded.
- Any experience in EEG, Software as a Medical Device (SaMD), and/or neurology is a notable advantage.
- If you've collaborated closely with external stakeholders on clinical research projects, we'd love to hear about it.
- Your proven expertise in leading medical communications strategies sets you apart.
- Experience in building or managing an investigator-initiated studies program is a strong plus.
- You should thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and dynamic environment.
Note: This job description isn't exhaustive; the Director of Clinical Research may be called upon to undertake other related duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
In addition to your base compensation, Ceribell offers the following:
- Annual Bonus Opportunity + Ceribell Equity
- 100% Employer paid Health Benefits for the Employee
- 50% - 70% Employer paid Health, Dental & Vision for dependents (according to plan selection)
- Life & Long-term disability insurance paid 100% by Ceribell
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Flexible paid time off
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Excellent parental leave policy
- Fantastic culture with tremendous career advancement opportunities
- Joining a mission-minded organization!