Director of Medical Affairs
Ceribell produces the world’s first brain monitor for point-of-care seizure triage and treatment. Our groundbreaking technology enables healthcare providers to test for a suspected seizure and then deliver treatments within minutes.
We are a rapidly growing venture capital-backed medical technology startup. Ceribell is being used in hundreds of community hospitals, large academic facilities and major IDN’s across the country. With extensive clinical validation of the effectiveness of our product and significant growth potential, all while we are pre-IPO, Ceribell is a fantastic career opportunity.
The Director of Medical Affairs plays a pivotal role within the Clinical Affairs team, embodying core values and skills essential to Ceribell's mission. As Director, you will provide visionary leadership and strategic guidance to shape and execute medical strategies in alignment with Ceribell's strategic goals. Your responsibilities encompass overseeing investigator-initiated studies, nurturing relationships with key opinion leaders, and orchestrating publication strategies in close collaboration with Chief Medical Advisors, Clinical Affairs, and Marketing teams.
This dynamic role is based in our Sunnyvale, CA office. Please no remote applicants.
What You'll Do
- Strategic Partnership: As Director, you will serve as a strategic partner and trusted advisor to the VP of Clinical Affairs and Chief Medical Advisors, contributing your extensive knowledge and expertise.
- Investigator-Initiated Studies: Coordinate and meticulously manage Ceribell's investigator-initiated study program. Ensure rigorous compliance, efficient execution, and adherence to timelines, reflecting Ceribell's commitment to excellence.
- Relationship Cultivation: Cultivate and maintain vital relationships with key external stakeholders. This includes key opinion leaders, participating physicians, clinical trial consultants, service providers, potential and participating study sites, and publishing channels.
- Medical Communication: Lead the development and execution of comprehensive medical communication and education strategies. Collaborate closely with investigators and internal teams to identify presentation and publication targets and support the creation of relevant materials.
- External Representation: Act as the external face of Ceribell's clinical program. Represent our organization to key opinion leaders, clinical advisory boards, investigators, vendors/CROs, and clinical sites.
- Scientific Expertise: Apply your scientific knowledge to bolster medical and commercial activities at Ceribell. Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to realize our business objectives.
What We Are Looking For
- A Master's Degree or higher is a requirement, with an MD or PhD being preferred.
- You should have a solid 7-10 years of experience in clinical or medical affairs within the medical device industry.
- Proven success in outreach and relationship-building with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs).
- Demonstrated experience in successfully building (preferred) or managing an investigator-initiated study program.
- Proficiency in leading medical communication and education strategies.
- Exceptional project management skills.
- A strong aptitude for devising strategic plans for evidence generation and medical communication.
- Experience in convening and managing Advisory Boards.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- An in-depth understanding of the healthcare and medical device industry, including comprehensive knowledge of FDA medical device regulations for clinical trials.
- Experience with EEG, Software as a Medical Device (SaMD), and/or neurology.
- A history of collaborating with physician leaders from various clinical disciplines.
- Proficiency in data analysis and interpretation, with demonstrated skills in this area.
- An established publication record showcasing your experience in publishing research findings.
- An ability to excel in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and dynamic environment.
Note: This job description is not exhaustive and may require the Director of Medical Affairs to undertake additional related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
In addition to your base compensation, Ceribell offers the following:
- Annual Bonus Opportunity + Ceribell Equity
- 100% Employer paid Health Benefits for the Employee
- 50% - 70% Employer paid Health, Dental & Vision for dependents (according to plan selection)
- Life & Long-term disability insurance paid 100% by Ceribell
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Flexible paid time off
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Excellent parental leave policy
- Fantastic culture with tremendous career advancement opportunities
- Joining a mission-minded organization!