Legal Counsel/ Legal Manager
Posted on Tuesday, November 21, 2023
Cobo is a globally trusted leader in digital asset custody solutions. As the world's first omni-custody platform, Cobo offers the full spectrum of solutions from full custody, co-managed MPC custody, to fully decentralized custody as well as wallet-as-a-service, advanced DeFi investment tools and an off-exchange settlement network. Trusted by over 500 institutions with billions in assets under custody, Cobo inspires confidence in digital asset ownership by enabling safe and efficient management of digital assets and interactions with Web 3.0. Cobo is SOC2 Type 1 and Type 2-compliance-certified and licensed in 5 jurisdictions.
- Provide precise and timely legal advice on various topics such as marketing, partnerships, custody, international ventures, product management, etc.
- Conduct thorough research to assess potential risk factors related to business plans and operations; deliver innovative structuring recommendations for business collaborations and new ventures.
- Draft, refine, and execute agreements, contracts, and other legal documents to support existing business activities and new partnerships, ensuring the company's comprehensive legal rights are upheld.
- Independently develop legally sound terms and conditions for new products and services to avoid regulatory violations or implications.
- Lead and conduct training sessions, offering advisory and tailored risk management solutions.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Law or a related field.
- At least five years of Post-Qualified Experience (PQE), preferably in an in-house role with a multinational corporation or a respected commercial law firm. Experience in Crypto/Digital, Fintech, or IT fields is a plus.
- Proven experience in managing multiple high-priority projects and driving complex initiatives to fruition.
- A strong desire to stay updated with recent technology developments and a quick learning aptitude.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to engage with all levels within the organization.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and a keen sense of legal and business judgment.
- Knowledge or personal exposure in blockchain and/or cryptocurrency will be considered a significant advantage.
- Native or high proficiency in English