Associate Director, People
Administration, People & HR
Brisbane, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, June 8, 2023
The Associate Director, People will serve as the operations lead for the People team, take on special projects and partner with businesses on people-related needs. Leading with a solutions-oriented service mindset, this individual will be charged with ensuring that the entire Mammoth staff is focused on achieving monumental goals through potent organizational and operational infrastructure. The incumbent will report to the Sr. Director of People.
- Partner with the Sr. Director, People and stakeholders to develop and improve key people strategies and processes centered on exceptional organizational and talent management
- Oversee the talent onboarding and development processes, including authoring or updating underlying programs, improving data management, record-keeping and analysis in Mammoth’s HRIS and payroll system, and leading associated events and activities (e.g., orientations, engagement projects) which support informed and motivated employees
- Take the lead on performance management, compensation and benefits administration and goal setting processes to keep Mammoth well balanced and aligned between corporate priorities and employee objectives
- Manage supporting processes which drive the employee lifecycle, including role, responsibility and reporting changes and offboarding
- Maintain the integrity of the HRIS and employee records to ensure consistency and compliance
- Serve as the primary point of contact for Mammoth’s Professional Employer Organization (PEO) facilitating maximum leverage from our partner; troubleshoot any issues and ensure that system integrations are working properly
- Operate as the administrator and subject matter expert for all other HR applications (currently: CultureAmp, BambooHR, TriNet, Modern Health)
- Manage and present all People-related analytics, including Board-facing materials, partnering across the enterprise to convey insights and develop improvements to existing programs
- Serve as the project lead for evaluations of each of our existing partnerships and programs and delivering proposals to keep Mammoth current and optimally supported
- Provide support on ad-hoc people operations initiatives and projects as needed
- 8+ years experience in human resources with a focus on operations
- High level of literacy in contemporary cloud-based productivity tools (at least two of the following: Google suite, Zoom, Slack, MS Office, Jira)
- Experience working with a PEO in an administrative capacity
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in emerging growth biotech companies
- Benefits administration and compensation experience are strong plusses
- Experience with organizational design and development and talent management
- Exceptional prioritization, organization, problem-solving, collaboration and communication skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to pivot between tactical and strategic work
- Employee focus and customer service mindset
- Company-paid health/vision/dental benefits
- Unlimited vacation and generous sick time
- Company-sponsored meals and snacks
- Wellness, caregiver and ergonomics benefits
- 401(k) with company matching
Salary Range: $171,000 - $199,500
The listed base salary range is for Mammoth employees in the Bay Area. Actual base salary will be determined by geographic work location, relevant professional experience, applicable skills, and internal equity. The base salary range for those working remotely outside of the San Francisco Bay Area may differ and will be determined by industry market data for the role and specific region.
Mammoth Biosciences is a biotechnology company focused on leveraging its proprietary ultracompact CRISPR systems to develop long-term curative therapies, as well as other applications such as decentralized precision diagnostics. Founded by CRISPR pioneer and Nobel laureate Jennifer Doudna and Trevor Martin, Janice Chen, and Lucas Harrington, the company’s ultracompact proteins are designed to enable in vivo gene editing in difficult to reach tissues utilizing both nuclease applications and new editing modalities beyond double stranded breaks, including base editing, gene writing, and epigenetic editing. The company is building out its pipeline of potential in vivo gene editing therapeutics and capabilities and has partnerships with leading pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies to broaden the reach of its innovative and proprietary technology. Mammoth’s deep science and industry experience, along with a robust and differentiated intellectual property portfolio, have enabled the company to further its mission to transform the lives of patients and deliver on the full promise of CRISPR technologies.
It is our policy and intent to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, political affiliation, sex/gender (including gender expression/identity, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, and/or any other basis protected by law. This policy covers all facets of employment including, but not limited to: recruitment, selection, placement, promotions, transfers, demotions, terminations, training, and compensation.
Mammoth Biosciences requires that all employees be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of at-will employment, with exceptions for medical or religious reasons in compliance with local, state, and federal law.