Senior Associate, Project Management
Administration, Software Engineering
Brisbane, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2023
Mammoth Biosciences has an opening for a Senior Associate, Project Management (SA) who will support our growing CRISPR-based Therapeutics programs as we bring them from concept to market. The SA will support teams to plan, oversee, and manage projects in collaboration with the senior project managers and internal technical teams. This role will report into the Director of Project Management.
- Support matrixed teams through meeting management, planning, timeline tracking, risk/issue tracking, and communication
- Support Project Leader and cross-functional team members in establishing strategy
- Work in partnership with Project Leader and other functionals to develop, gain approval, and execute on the project plans
- Develop and execute project plans by coordinating with operations across various functional areas
- Identifies gaps in project plans that (potentially) impact project delivery and escalates appropriately to PM leadership
- Support cross-functional teams and contribute to establishing and improving processes
- Support business and technical solutions to improve operational effectiveness
- Help create process workflows to improve operational efficiency
- Help develop standard operating procedures and supporting documentation
Project and Stakeholder Management Responsibilities:
Process Management Responsibilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, chemistry, engineering, or relevant field with a minimum of 2 years experience in the life sciences industry
- 1 year minimum experience in laboratory research
- Familiarity with CRISPR and/or gene editing
- Certification or formal training in Project Management (PMP) and experience using project management and resource management tools
- Experience supporting the planning, execution, and delivery of a project within the product development process for a biotech company
- Biotechnology experience in a molecular biology or genetics testing organization, both preclinical and clinical settings
- Familiarity with regulated market standards (e.g., FDA or EMEA, etc.)
- Familiarity with project management tools e.g.MS Project, Smart Sheets, advanced Excel abilities
- Exceptionally organized and process driven
- Self-starter capable of formalizing organizational processes
- Leverages a data-driven and structured approach to facilitate decision making
- Self-learner to navigate varying stakeholder needs along the development process (e.g., clinical studies to product launch)
- Company-paid health/vision/dental benefits
- Unlimited vacation and generous sick time
- Company-sponsored meals and snacks
- Wellness, caregiver and ergonomics benefits
- 401(k) with company matching
Salary Range: $90,250 - $125,000
The listed base salary range is for Mammoth employees in the Bay Area. Actual base salary will be determined by geographic work location, relevant professional experience, applicable skills, and internal equity. The base salary range for those working remotely outside of the San Francisco Bay Area may differ and will be determined by industry market data for the role and specific region.
Mammoth Biosciences is a biotechnology company focused on leveraging its proprietary ultracompact CRISPR systems to develop long-term curative therapies, as well as other applications such as decentralized precision diagnostics. Founded by CRISPR pioneer and Nobel laureate Jennifer Doudna and Trevor Martin, Janice Chen, and Lucas Harrington, the company’s ultracompact proteins are designed to enable in vivo gene editing in difficult to reach tissues utilizing both nuclease applications and new editing modalities beyond double stranded breaks, including base editing, gene writing, and epigenetic editing. The company is building out its pipeline of potential gene editing therapeutics and capabilities and has partnerships with leading pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies to broaden the reach of its innovative and proprietary technology. Mammoth’s deep science and industry experience, along with a robust and differentiated intellectual property portfolio, have enabled the company to further its mission to transform the lives of patients and deliver on the full promise of CRISPR technologies.
It is our policy and intent to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, political affiliation, sex/gender (including gender expression/identity, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, and/or any other basis protected by law. This policy covers all facets of employment including, but not limited to: recruitment, selection, placement, promotions, transfers, demotions, terminations, training, and compensation.
Mammoth Biosciences requires that all employees be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of at-will employment, with exceptions for medical or religious reasons in compliance with local, state, and federal law.