Vice President/Senior Vice President, People
People & HR
Brisbane, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, September 2, 2023
Reporting to Mammoth’s CFO/COO, the incumbent will leverage their biotech industry knowledge, deep domain expertise, leadership experience, intellectual curiosity, boldness and an ability to collaborate effortlessly across the company to develop and manage the HR function. This critical position will ensure that all aspects of the team align with and contribute to the Company’s overall corporate objectives and Company culture. This is an exciting role that requires the successful candidate to be a visible strategic leader, trusted vocal advocate and hands-on contributor owning all human resources activities as the company grows.
- Apply systems level thinking to create and lead a dynamic organizational design and development program, ensuring Mammoth’s strategy is deeply embedded in core processes and current and future human resources are effectively applied for maximum yield
- Develop and/or augment strategies that will sustain Mammoth as an employer of choice through strong talent acquisition and career management processes
- Support leaders to drive performance, including facilitation of a performance management system aligned with corporate goals and objectives while ensuring thoughtful succession planning is in place
- Maintain competitive and motivating compensation and benefit programs
- Identify and respond to external trends in human capital management and life sciences
- Learn Mammoth’s business model and stay apprised of biotechnology industry trends and external markets
- Instill confidence in Mammoth’s mission and values, celebrate team successes, and seek out ways to clearly communicate core values and bring them to life
- Create strong partnerships to keep a pulse on culture and hold the organization accountable to its core values
- Champion Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (JEDI) initiatives
- Advise and smooth organizational transitions and transformations using proven change management methodologies
- Optimize and maintain internal training programs aligned with Mammoth’s strategy and core values
- Identify and develop high potential/high performers of the company, and create strategies to maintain them
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree with significant demonstrated leadership experience in human resources, including at least 15 years leading an HR team
- Executive leadership experience within biotech
- Experience designing and implementing scalable, high-quality operational HR programs, processes and systems, including compensation and benefits strategies and organizational design and development
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to influence stakeholders at all levels within the organization
- Experience in emerging growth, private and public company environments
- Proven ability to: attract and develop top talent; serve as a strategic advisor to senior leaders; navigate sensitive situations with discretion; think critically and contribute innovative solutions
- Ability to balance strategic thinking and tactical execution
- Ability to communicate clearly with compassion and diplomacy
- Company-paid health/vision/dental benefits
- Unlimited vacation and generous sick time
- Company-sponsored meals and snacks
- Wellness, caregiver and ergonomics benefits
- 401(k) with company matching
Base Salary Range: $275,000 - $360,000
The listed base salary range is for Mammoth employees in the Bay Area. Actual base salary will be determined by geographic work location, relevant professional experience, applicable skills, and internal equity. The base salary range for those working remotely outside of the San Francisco Bay Area may differ and will be determined by industry market data for the role and specific region.
Mammoth Biosciences is a biotechnology company focused on leveraging its proprietary ultracompact CRISPR systems to develop long-term curative therapies, as well as other applications such as decentralized precision diagnostics. Founded by CRISPR pioneer and Nobel laureate Jennifer Doudna and Trevor Martin, Janice Chen, and Lucas Harrington, the company’s ultracompact proteins are designed to enable in vivo gene editing in difficult to reach tissues utilizing both nuclease applications and new editing modalities beyond double stranded breaks, including base editing, gene writing, and epigenetic editing. The company is building out its pipeline of potential in vivo gene editing therapeutics and capabilities and has partnerships with leading pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies to broaden the reach of its innovative and proprietary technology. Mammoth’s deep science and industry experience, along with a robust and differentiated intellectual property portfolio, have enabled the company to further its mission to transform the lives of patients and deliver on the full promise of CRISPR technologies.
It is our policy and intent to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, political affiliation, sex/gender (including gender expression/identity, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, and/or any other basis protected by law. This policy covers all facets of employment including, but not limited to: recruitment, selection, placement, promotions, transfers, demotions, terminations, training, and compensation.
Mammoth Biosciences requires that all employees be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of at-will employment, with exceptions for medical or religious reasons in compliance with local, state, and federal law.