Vice President, Translational Sciences
Brisbane, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, November 14, 2023
Mammoth Biosciences is seeking an experienced Vice President of Translational Sciences to lead our efforts from development candidate selection to Investigational New Drug (IND) submission. This role offers the unique opportunity to be at the helm of translating cutting-edge scientific discoveries into potential medical breakthroughs, shaping the strategic direction of our pipeline, and ultimately impacting the future of medicine.
- Oversee the translation of development candidates into viable clinical assets, ensuring that projects progress from preclinical stages through to IND submission
- Establish and implement strategies for preclinical development plans, including pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, toxicology, and manufacturing
- Collaborate with regulatory affairs to ensure that all preclinical development activities align with regulatory requirements for IND submissions
- Foster relationships with key stakeholders, including academic partners, contract research organizations (CROs), and regulatory agencies
- Drive scientific rigor and operational excellence within the translation team
- Provide scientific and strategic input into the company's research priorities and long-term goals
- Lead compliance adherence for all IND enabling activities
- Manage budgets, timelines, and resources effectively to meet strategic objectives
- Mentor and develop internal talent within the translation team, fostering a culture of innovation and collaboration
- PhD or MD with a strong background in biology, pharmacology, or a related field
- Minimum of 10 years of industry experience in drug development, with a proven track record in leading programs from discovery through to IND submission
- Extensive knowledge of the regulatory landscape and experience in preparing IND applications
- Demonstrated leadership in managing multi-disciplinary teams and projects
- Strong strategic thinking, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and engage diverse stakeholdersxperience in gene editing or gene therapy fields
- Proven track record of scientific innovation and accomplishment in the field as evidenced by publication record, patents, and conference presentations
- Ability to work onsite at Mammoth's headquarters
- Prior successful IND submissions and advancement of candidates into clinical trials
- Familiarity with GMP requirements and the manufacturing of biologics for clinical trials
- A track record of scientific publications and presentations in relevant fields
- Company-paid health/vision/dental benefits
- Unlimited vacation and generous sick time
- Company-sponsored meals and snacks
- Wellness, caregiver and ergonomics benefits
- 401(k) with company matching
Base Salary Range: $293,350 - $324,450
The listed base salary range is for Mammoth employees in the Bay Area. Actual base salary will be determined by geographic work location, relevant professional experience, applicable skills, and internal equity. The base salary range for those working remotely outside of the San Francisco Bay Area may differ and will be determined by industry market data for the role and specific region.
Mammoth Biosciences is a biotechnology company focused on leveraging its proprietary ultracompact CRISPR systems to develop long-term curative therapies, as well as other applications such as decentralized precision diagnostics. Founded by CRISPR pioneer and Nobel laureate Jennifer Doudna and Trevor Martin, Janice Chen, and Lucas Harrington, the company’s ultracompact proteins are designed to enable in vivo gene editing in difficult to reach tissues utilizing both nuclease applications and new editing modalities beyond double stranded breaks, including base editing, gene writing, and epigenetic editing. The company is building out its pipeline of potential in vivo gene editing therapeutics and capabilities and has partnerships with leading pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies to broaden the reach of its innovative and proprietary technology. Mammoth’s deep science and industry experience, along with a robust and differentiated intellectual property portfolio, have enabled the company to further its mission to transform the lives of patients and deliver on the full promise of CRISPR technologies.
It is our policy and intent to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, political affiliation, sex/gender (including gender expression/identity, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, and/or any other basis protected by law. This policy covers all facets of employment including, but not limited to: recruitment, selection, placement, promotions, transfers, demotions, terminations, training, and compensation.
Mammoth Biosciences requires that all employees be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of at-will employment, with exceptions for medical or religious reasons in compliance with local, state, and federal law.