Director, Biopharma Partnerships
Who We Are
PathAI is on a mission to improve patient outcomes with AI-powered pathology. We are transforming traditional pathology methods into powerful, new technologies. These innovations in pathology can help accelerate drug development, improve confidence in the accuracy of diagnosis, and get life-saving therapies to patients more quickly. At PathAI, you'll work with a diverse and talented team of people, who are dedicated to solving complex problems and making a huge impact.
Where You Fit
Over the past five years, PathAI has developed partnerships with many of the top global biopharmaceutical companies and biotechs, with the goal of integrating digital & computational pathology into the drug development process from early R&D through to commercial. As drug development increasingly trends towards personalized and targeted indications, computational pathology offers opportunities to enable faster and cheaper drug development, bringing lifesaving treatments to patients. To meet the consistently growing demand from our life sciences partners, PathAI is building out the Biopharma Partnerships team.
The Director of Biopharma Partnerships will be a key member of the PathAI Commercial Team and will hold primary responsibility for managing several key biopharma and biotech accounts. The Director of Biopharma Partnerships will be the face of PathAI to these accounts and will be accountable for identifying and closing opportunities to apply PathAI’s products and services to advance the biopharma account’s strategic priorities. The Director will be responsible for establishing a strong network of relationships within these accounts across R&D, clinical development, and clinical operations as well as external innovations and partnering organizations. This Director will focused on selling our central pathology lab and AI algorithms into these key decision makers, while also forming strong internal relationships with our lab operations and machine learning SMEs.
What You’ll Do
- Strategically engage biopharma and biotech sponsors to develop long-term enterprise-wide partnerships
- Represent PathAI as the primary point of contact for biopharma relationships assessing the client’s needs against PathAI products and services; connect biopharma partners to internal subject matter experts as needed
- Maintain a deep awareness and understanding of the client’s product portfolio and development pipeline, including Ph II - IV priorities, AI/Digital Health objectives, and enterprise-level objectives
- Lead the engagement and win strategy, negotiation, and execution of new business proposals, directly contributing to PathAI business growth (bookings)
- Collaborate with PathAI cross-functional team members – including Central Pathology Lab Operations, Algorithm Products, Machine Learning, Pathologists, Marketing, and Regulatory Affairs etc. - to ensure delivery of the highest-quality work to biopharma customers
- Represent your biopharma clients internally as the voice of the customer, answering needs, resolving pain points and ensuring that the win strategy is communicated to internal teams to answer those needs
What You Bring
- 6-10+ years of work experience within drug development
- 3-4 years in client facing business development, working directly with biopharma and biotech clinical operations, clinical development, outsourcing and CROs, providing products / services to those decision makers
- Familiar with, and comfortable discussing, drug development, clinical trials, across; oncology, GI and Liver indications precision medicine and
- Comfort working in a scrappy, all-hands-on-deck environment; embodies a mindset of urgency
- Client facing travel required
- Strong relationship building with all levels within biopharma organizations
- Ability to work and manage a cross-functional team, specifically willingness to collaborate with marketing, product development, scientific and medical teams, etc.
Nice to Have
- Bonus: Lab services and CRO experience
- Bonus: Experience working at a high-growth startup
- Bonus: Working in the AI / ML space
We Want To Hear From You
At PathAI, we are looking for individuals who are team players, are willing to do the work no matter how big or small it may be, and who are passionate about everything they do. If this sounds like you, even if you may not match the job description to a tee, we encourage you to apply. You could be exactly what we're looking for.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.