Scientist, LNP Discovery
Strand Therapeutics is an early-stage biotechnology company utilizing synthetic biology to genetically program mRNA to deliver truly revolutionary immunotherapies.
Building on the idea of creating smart therapies based on Boolean logic circuits, Strand was started by biological engineers working together at MIT who were seeking to apply the concept of the emerging field of mRNA therapeutics. This collaboration led them to build their own mRNA “programming language,” creating the world’s first platform for mRNA smart therapies.
The founders and scientific advisors of Strand Therapeutics are made up of well-known and highly regarded individuals in both academia and the biotech industry. Our corporate headquarters is located in the Fenway district of Boston, Massachusetts with an additional site based in Watertown, Massachusetts.
Become the next standout single strand!
Strand is looking to build a team that understands the value of working at a start-up. Joining the company now means having vast opportunities to learn and grow including having the exposure to all aspects of building a company. We are looking for people who have the enthusiasm and motivation to be a highly contributing member of a small team. This opportunity will offer the employee the ability to work closely with the founding team, as well as to form close partnerships with team members during the development and formation of the company.
We are looking for a highly motivated and innovative candidate for the role of Scientist of LNP Discovery. The expectation is that the candidate will have experience in the world of LNP discovery research particularly focused on the successful delivery of nucleic acid payloads. Reporting to the team head of LNP discovery, the right candidate will be a strategic thinker that brings a leadership presence and enthusiasm for Strand along with a deep scientific knowledge.
- Develop and lead Strand’s mRNA delivery platform by designing and optimizing (lipid) nanoparticle formulations.
- Characterize and evaluate the physical characteristics and therapeutic indices of (lipid) nanoparticle formulations and components using standard or newly developed in-house assays.
- Produce (lipid) nanoparticle formulations to support internal and partnered programs.
- Research and identify new opportunities and novel project ideas related to mRNA delivery that support Strand’s vision.
- Maintain and establish new relationships with outside collaborators which provide access to proprietary (lipid) nanoparticle
- Write study protocols, technical reports and SOPs that support the drug discovery efforts of Strand.
- Interact with IP counsel/consultants to assist with patent prosecution.
- Help recruit and lead R&D team of scientists.
- PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemistry or Chemical Engineering and/or M.S. or B.S. with 5+ years of industry experience with a focus on lipid nanoparticle formulation and in vivo delivery of nucleic acid-based payloads.
- Experience with production and analytical characterization of (mRNA) lipid nanoparticles required.
- Prior experience with in vitro/in vivo screenings and evaluations of lipid nanoparticles preferred.
- Experience with development of tissue/cell targeting lipid nanoparticles preferred.
- Familiarity with process development, and/or regulatory aspects of mRNA lipid nanoparticle products would be a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of the scientific literature in the field of mRNA delivery.
- Demonstrated experience working across internal and external research teams.
- Highly analytical, decisive, and goal-oriented while maintaining the highest scientific and ethical standards.
- Ability to quickly adapt to change and thrive in a dynamic and entrepreneurial early-stage environment.
- A strong team player with excellent oral and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work independently.
Strand offers a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, team-focused work environment. We also offer a top-notch benefits package (health, dental, life, vacation, 401k, and commuter) and work/ life integration. Being part of the Strand team allows you to become part of a small team that supports professional development while working together to meet the company goals.
Strand Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law. Strand does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Commensurate with role and experience