Associate Scientist, Nanoparticle Process Development
Strand Therapeutics is an early-stage biotechnology company utilizing synthetic biology to genetically program mRNA to deliver truly revolutionary immunotherapies.
Building on the idea of creating smart therapies based on Boolean logic circuits, Strand was started by biological engineers working together at MIT who were seeking to apply the concept of the emerging field of mRNA therapeutics. This collaboration led them to build their own mRNA “programming language,” creating the world’s first platform for mRNA smart therapies.
The founders and scientific advisors of Strand Therapeutics are made up of well-known and highly regarded individuals in both academia and the biotech industry. Our corporate headquarters is located in the Fenway district of Boston, Massachusetts with an additional site based in Watertown, Massachusetts.
Become the next standout single strand!
Strand is looking to build a team that understands the value of working at a start-up. Joining the company now means having vast opportunities to learn and grow including having the exposure to all aspects of building a company. We are looking for people who have the enthusiasm and motivation to be a highly contributing member of a small team. This opportunity will offer the employee the ability to work closely with the founding team, as well as to form close partnerships with team members during the development and formation of the company.
We are looking for a highly motivated and innovative candidate for the role of Associate Scientist of Nanoparticle Process Development. This individual will support in production and scale up of LNPs with nucleic acid payload. Reporting initially to the Sr Scientist of Process Development, the right candidate will be a strategic thinker that brings a leadership presence and enthusiasm for Strand along with a deep scientific knowledge.
- Execute experiments related to LNP mixing and downstream purification/filtration to improve the process.
- Contribute to development of a robust formulation process with emphasis on scale-up, tech-transfer and stability.
- Contribute to thorough characterization of LNPs by existing methods and collaborating with internal stakeholders on developing new methods.
- Coordination with other team members to support the group's research activities in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
- B.S. with at least 1-3 years of relevant experience or M.S. with at least 1 year of relevant experience with an educational focus in Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering or similar preferred.
- Experience with LNPs required and nucleic acid payloads highly preferred.
- Experience with TFF required with emphasis on LNPs preferred.
- Experience with QbD principles, scale up efforts and JMP DOE preferred.
- Experience with various mixing geometries as well large scale LNP production preferred.
- Strong collaboration and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize to meet important deadlines.
Strand offers a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, team-focused work environment. We also offer a top-notch benefits package (health, dental, life, vacation, 401k, and commuter) and work/ life integration. Being part of the Strand team allows you to become part of a small team that supports professional development while working together to meet the company goals.
Strand Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law. Strand does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Commensurate with role and experience